Thursday, March 7, 2019

Facebook-free Lent Day 2

Day One was empowering. I made a list of books I'd like to read and actually found one and spent a good little chunk of time reading it! A couple things, though....

1. Having deleted the Facebook app from my phone, I replaced it with a different app. I probably counted five times that I absently, completely automatically, clicked on that app--Amazon Video, for what it's worth--and no, I had no plans of actually using the app. That little fact was pretty disquieting to me.

2. I felt somewhat isolated as I thought of several witty quips in my mind that I would have otherwise rushed to share to Facebook. True, I didn't get to share those witty quips. I also didn't waste time checking Facebook to see whether anyone had read and responded to my witty quips, or whether said witty quips were not indeed witty.

3. I spent most of the day with my two dearest friends from high school, so I can't say that it was a fair "day two," since I wouldn't have been on Facebook a whole lot anyway. However, I did realize I couldn't post pictures of our children and the group shot of all of us. That fact didn't diminish the joy at having spent the day as I had.

4. I'm greatly looking forward to reading both the books I've selected and having time to enjoy them before bed tonight. Normally I absently scroll through Facebook until I realize I've reached what my husband deems "The End of the Internet' before realizing I have only 15 minutes to read before my targeted bedtime, which usually turns into an hour, a late bedtime, and a crabby me in the morning.

5. Bring on Day 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, I've changed it, and hopefully anyone can comment, so give it a whirl!