Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Good Book

This is the book of which I speak. Not to be confused with the real Good Book, which Matthias will also get plenty of.
 This is the face he gets--one of the faces he gets--when the book is read to him.
Okay, maybe it looks like he's less than thrilled. I don't have the knack with a camera that my sister does, so most of his photos end up with him looking scared or somewhat drugged. But in the tiny thumbnail that I previewed while choosing a picture, he looked exceedingly happy. Let's try again!

Nope. Moving on, let me tell you about the book that has been Matthias' favorite since he was about 4 or 5 weeks old. That's when he started smiling every time we read him the book. The title is How Big? and follows a predictable pattern of "Baby (animal) is So Big! How big is baby?" (lift flap to reveal picture of baby) "So Big!" His favorite animal is "Baby Penguin." He lights up and coos every time he sees the little, black-and-white cartoon guy.

I have been working on getting him to smile and coo with glee while I record him, but, as with his photographs, you're going to have to take my word for it. He really does demonstrate pure glee when he reads this book! Great-Auntie Linda has some pictures that might show better proof, but until I have those, the above ones will have to serve as proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, I've changed it, and hopefully anyone can comment, so give it a whirl!