This has happened before, but a few weeks ago it seemed like Matthias just "stopped." He seemed to stop learning new things for probably about a week. It didn't alarm me, but just caused me to become impatient for what he would learn next.
Well, for one thing, he learned to be a great traveler. Wednesday after Jon got home we left for Bismarck, where we stayed that night. Thursday morning he slept most of the way to Fargo with a short lunch and giggle break in-between. We stayed at my sister's house in Fargo and got to meet our precious new nephew, and then went on to Wahpeton Saturday for a wedding. Sunday morning we got up super-early and took off to Oslo, MN, near Grand Forks, to the little country church I went to during my college years. Unfortunately, Jon got sick and spent most of Sunday in bed at our hotel while I visited friends and family. We drove all the way from Grand Forks home on Monday....and I didn't mention: Matthias was a total trooper!! He either slept, visited with me or played with his toys the whole trip! He was so sweet. As an added bonus, his napping skills have improved immensely since we got home.
He has also learned to reach for things: everything, that is, including my face, Jon's beard, and anything that catches his eye on the changing table. I have been awakened more than one morning by soft, wet baby fingers on my face or in my mouth. It really is a delightful way to wake up.
Jon and I predict that he will add rolling from back to front to his increasing list of talents in the next few days.
Here are some pictures to update you:
"I tell ya, that fish was thiiiiis big!" Matthias and his friend and "birthday twin." That's right, these two cuties were born on the same day! I remember getting a text announcing Levi's birth that morning and feeling oh-so-jealous that my friend got to meet her little boy. Later that afternoon, my doctor told me I was going to stay in the hospital and have my baby! At 11:44 p.m. Matthias made his arrival!
"I tell ya, that fish was thiiiiis big!" Matthias and his friend and "birthday twin." That's right, these two cuties were born on the same day! I remember getting a text announcing Levi's birth that morning and feeling oh-so-jealous that my friend got to meet her little boy. Later that afternoon, my doctor told me I was going to stay in the hospital and have my baby! At 11:44 p.m. Matthias made his arrival!
"Here, let me fix that for you."
Matthias' new grabbing skill!
4 months old!
Daddy "arrested" him for being too cute!
Horrible picture of me, but it's the best one I have showing my favorite way to spend an evening these days!
Did I mention it's gotten cold outside? Matthias still loves his stroller rides, though!
Don't they look just alike?
This was one day I beat Matthias in the wake-up department.
I also discovered how to change the sheets while Matthias was in the bed!
This is a very rare quality picture taken by yours truly. I haven't gotten many pictures that I'm pleased with!
Thanks for sharing the photos; he is just a great little man! Even the pictures show how animated and cheerful he is.
ReplyDeleteLove, Auntie Linda