When Matthias was born, I felt like he grew and grew and changed every day. By the time he was a few months old, he seemed to have weeks where he would "sprout" and change, and then plateau. I figured it would stay that way, becoming more and more gradual as he got older. But at about a year, he started growing in leaps and bounds again! I figured it's about time to chronicle what he does now, at 14 months old:
He knows his animal sounds: sheep say baa (he will whisper "baa" if I do, haha), puppy dogs pant with their tongues out, kitties say meow, and monkeys say "ah, ah, ah." He also thinks that cows say "baa," as well, so we're working on that one. I think he also says "buh, buh" for chickens clucking. Not exactly an animal, but he points to tractors, semis, and anything that runs and makes the sound, as well.
He knows body parts: Matthias will point to Mommy's nose and belly button (hooray :P), as well as his own belly button, ears, knees and toes.
He knows words: Mama, Dada, as well as his own word for "Grandpa," "Te-deh" for Teddy, Poncho, and Jewel, and says "git-git-git" when Mommy is going to "get" him (wash his face and hands, that is).
Matthias loves to climb the stairs, is learning to throw a ball, can climb up on many chairs and couches, loves to play the piano and sing (wa, wa, wa), and also began singing in church last week, to the delight of our pew neighbors. This morning he "sniffed" a piece of cedar wood on my command, and when I asked him to "sniff" Mommy, he happily obliged by sticking his nose in my face and inhaling deeply. Good thing I had brushed my teeth! Oh, and he gives kisses, too!
He has also decided to become more of a "big boy" lately and refuses to be rocked to sleep. Well, I think really he wants to just get down and play, but I give him the choice to rock with Mommy or be in his crib, and he consistently chooses to be in his crib, and then falls asleep on his own.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Okay, I've changed it, and hopefully anyone can comment, so give it a whirl!