Monday, December 10, 2012

We have an eater!

Matthias took his first spoonful of non-breastmilk food the other day. I chose peas. I'm not really sure why; maybe because they are somewhat bland, and I was in a hurry to get through the grocery store with my little guy who had just gotten a shot (although he was sleeping blissfully and had no troubles from it).  Here are pictures:

Okay....

Well, I guess I'll have some more.

Why are we doing this, again?

Okay, okay, I'll be a good boy and eat them.
The peas seemed to agree with him, and last night we tried carrots, which he liked slightly better. Although by these pictures it may look like Matthias hates peas, he did keep asking for more, so he must have liked them!

2 comments:

  1. My first thought was, "Wow! He has the same high chair we had!". Um, yeah. I think I need some sleep. :) Go, Matthias! By the way, I'd prefer carrots, too, if I were a baby....with lots of butter please ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a baby eat his first real food, but Matthias seem to have it pretty well under control. He actually seem to be quite neat about it! It seems he really trusts you (his parents) not to be doing anything to hurt him, and, furthermore,I think he always has enjoyed having a new adventure. I think he will probably always be a little foodie who loves trying new things. I look forward to going out to eat with him in a few years. Maria's girls have been such fun to go out to eat with. Thanks for sharing this "first." He doesn't look as happy as he did in his little Bison beanie, but this was a much more unfamiliar experience in his short life. I just love this guy!
    Love, Auntie Linda

    ReplyDelete

Okay, I've changed it, and hopefully anyone can comment, so give it a whirl!