Saturday, August 11, 2012

Not another mommy-blogger....

Well, after telling myself over and over that once I had kids I just wouldn't--couldn't--start a blog, I decided to try it. You see, I've really enjoyed reading my sister's and friends' blogs, but figured I have enough hobbies as it is. My writing style has deteriorated immensely since the advent of my last blog, "Confessions of a Country Girl," which I created as a journal of my one-room school teaching days but rapidly evolved into a place for me to complain about my relationships (albeit in a witty way).

Now that I'm happily married and have had our first child (whoda thunk THAT would have ever happened based on my old blog?!), I thought there might be a better place than Facebook for me to share pictures and happenings of our family. If this is like most things I plan to do (save for music and horseback riding), I will rarely update it and it will become another thorn in my side on my to-do list. But hey, it's worth a try, and it wouldn't hurt for me to revamp my writing skills a bit, as I plan on homeschooling in just a few short years.

The Man of the House will likely not consent to having his picture on this blog. I will likely follow suit. However, our adorable baby boy has no say in the matter. You'll be seeing a lot of him, along with possibly the occasional picture of our (my) cat, horse, or (Jon's) dog.

For starters, though, here's a picture of my cute kitty, Teddy, after he climbed halfway up our house.


Here's another cute one of our baby boy, who seems to be habitually afraid of the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, I've changed it, and hopefully anyone can comment, so give it a whirl!